26 March 2013

NOTD: Blue With Gold Sequins

After a season filled with a bunch of rich wintery shades, mainly dark purples and maroons, I found myself feeling the urge to rock something with a little more... 'pizazz'. Unfortunately I don't possess much skill in the nail art department therefore glitter is my savior when I want a more interesting look.  
  

For the base colour I chose Rimmel 704 'Sweet as Sugar' which, as you can see, is a pretty pastille blue. I just want to say as a side note that Rimmel's 'I Love Lasting Finish' line is great if you want a pick up a fun colour for a mere £2.99 but I'm afraid you do get what you pay for with these polishes - the formula is very watery and I can only just about get away with wearing two coats (I don't really like going for a third because it makes it too thick and easy to dent). As for their title don't be fooled into thinking the longevity is going to blow you away; they last around 1-2 days before the chips start to appear. On top I added a layer of Revlon's dazzling gold sequins which I think they were giving away for free around Christmas time if you spent over a certain amount on Revlon products. I've used it quite a bit since and it's great for adding a touch of glitz without much effort. Now that's what I call a good freebie! And lastly a quick sweep with Sally Hansen's Insta-Dri top coat and you're good to go! 


A x

4 comments:

  1. LOVE the nails!! The pastille blue is such a pretty colour - so perfect for Spring. Def gonna go buy it! Looks lovely with the gold glitter too.

    Fab blog hun!
    Want to follow each other on GFC??

    xoxo, Ally

    pinsandroses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love me a good pastille colour for Spring! Ah thank you, love yours too! Sure thing :) xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...