26 April 2013

NOTD: Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paint

I know I'm a little late to the party here but I've only recently picked up one of Barry M's Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paints. Today I'm sporting the shade 'Prickly Pear' which is a really nice lilac. 



So what's different about these compared to their normal polishes you ask? Actually you probably already know as I'm that late on the bandwagon but I'll tell you anyway. These Gelly Hi-Shine paints have been formulated to 'provide an extra glossy finish' and yes, as the name would suggest to make your nails look gel-like. 

I guess the real question is do they do as they claim? Well I've only tried one shade but from what I've seen they do an alright job of achieving that glossy effect. Maybe I was expecting too much but for one I thought it would be a lot shinier - I can't say it stood too far out on the front line against any of my other polishes.

That being said I genuinely do like the formulation of this polish; it applies evenly on your nails leaving a smooth coat of colour and the pigmentation is stronger than their normal nail paints. I applied two coats and found that the drying time was pretty average so luckily I had distraction in the form of Escape to the Country (ha ha, I'm such an old woman) so that I didn't go and mess up the polish before they dried. 

Overall I think these are great polishes and for a bargainous £3.99 you can't really go wrong! I've got my eyes set on the bright pink and orange colours next. You can check them out online at Boots here. Have you tried any of the gelly hi-shine paints? 

A x

13 comments:

  1. I love blue and this shade in particular is perfect for spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's actually lilac but i think the lighting turned it kinda blue in the second photo! x

      Delete
  2. The shades of these polishes are so gorgeous! I really love them xx
    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are, i want to pick up some more! x

      Delete
  3. Good write-up. I certainly appreciate this site.
    Thanks!

    Feel free to surf to my site read this post here

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post. I learn something new and challenging on blogs I stumbleupon everyday.
    It's always exciting to read content from other authors and practice something from their sites.

    Check out my blog post; UO

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my first time pay a visit at here and i am genuinely happy to read all
    at single place.

    My web-site kayak excursions

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's difficult to find
    knowledgeable people about this subject, however, you
    sound like you know what you're talking about! Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...