11 May 2013

REVIEW: Benefit 'They're Real!' Mascara

Along with a large proportion of the makeup loving population I am a massive fan of the UK's no.1 best-selling mascara, aka Benefit 'They're Real!'. I've been making use of it's cunning formula for about a year now so I thought it was only right to do a review on it.

'They're Real!' has everything you'd want from a mascara: it separates, lengthens and adds brilliant volume to your lashes. And for me the cherry on the cake is that it manages to stay put all day - something I have trouble with as so many others I have tried have left me with panda eyes by late afternoon. Not a good look. 

However, like everything it does have it's downsides...Not many though, do not fear. Firstly, despite this stuff having excellent lasting power it consequently makes it a pain to take off. At the end of a long day the last thing you want is to have a war with stubborn makeup, therefore an oil based remover is essential to rid every last trace from your lashes. I was also disappointed in the 'curling' department as I felt it didn't really do much to fight my naturally straight lashes. And finally the only other negative point that springs to mind is that it's easy to make your lashes look a little clumpy for my liking - obviously this is purely down to personal preference and I know some people like that look but I don't think it's the best look on myself. 



I really like the slim brush design which is made out of plastic, maybe not to everyone's taste, but I think it works well and the bristles at the very tip of the brush enable you to coat those difficult-to-reach little lashes right at the inner corners of your eyes. Being able to do this means you can really fan out your lashes effectively which looks so pretty.  


Above are the 3 different stages: bare lashes, one coat, two coats.

As you can see just one coat really gives the length a boost, and then the second coat adds the drama giving that extra volume and definition. For a more causal day-time look I'll just stick to one coat.

So there are my thoughts on the UK's most popular mascara! I'd say if you're on the look out for a great mascara which will not only help you achieve bold, dramatic lashes but will also stay put then I would say give the 'They're Real!' a go. Priced at £18.50 do I think it's worth the money and will I purchase it again? Yes, despite being a tad on the pricey side it does out shine my other mascaras so I'm pretty sure I would!

You can order it online here from feelunique.com (they sometimes have some discounts on brands including Benefit so if you keep an eye out you could end up saving a few extra pennies!) or you can pick it up at your nearest Benefit counter.

A x

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...